I offer all prospective clients a free (up to) 1 Hour Teleconference session all you need to do is E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly at 1-604-889-4787 to book your free phone session with me. You can explain what you’re up against and what you want to achieve.
I’ll let you know how I can help and will brainstorm with you some initial strategy or direction. In this session, we’ll find out together if Coaching is for you. Most important, I want you to feel at ease talking with me so you will be comfortable discussing the important issues that are impacting your business and/or personal life (it can be one, or the other, or both).
You have nothing to lose. Coaching is not something I sell you on. It’s something you understand and invest in because you want it…and because you instinctively know it will benefit you.
If You Decide To Continue our next step will be to book a one-hour follow-up orientation session either over the phone or in person. You’ll get off to a strong start by both of us having a clear understanding of your goals, needs, and challenges. I will review some of the prep material I use, we might talk about learning tools and assessments, and together we will enjoy getting to know each. Together, we will design the best way for us to work together to accomplish your goals and I will share my client contract form with you in preparation for signing. If, however, you are not satisfied with the results of the hour, the session will be my gift to you and we won’t continue the coaching.
Here’s How Coaching With Commitment Works:
- You call or meet with me at a specific time, usually once each week, or every other week. We will talk for up to 60 minutes.
- You take responsibility for keeping a coaching journal and documenting your insights and action
- I make myself available between sessions via email or quick calls for on the spot troubleshooting, feedback at no extra charge.
- I bill you at the end of each month, and you send me a check, or you can pay by PayPal or my nifty new telephone App.
What I ultimately want is for you to produce results beyond the ordinary in your business and personal life. I am looking forward to speaking with you soon.
Over the past 20 years the field of coaching has evolved to become a key contributor in the field of human development, performance and change. Drawing on scholarly research from behavioural and cognitive sciences, psychology and philosophy, and applied in organizations around the world, it has emerged as a triumphant and necessary ally in leadership development and learning.
The purpose of coaching, in business and life, is to make a positive change in performance, attitude or skills, in such a manner that you will be better able to fulfill your objectives and express your purpose and gifts in the world. A Coach challenges you and takes the time to assist you to clarify what life and success means to you.
- A Coach focuses more on the skills you need today to create what you want now and for your future, instead of focusing mainly on your past and how it is affecting you.
- A Coach provides the tools, structure, and support for you to orient your life and business around your true beliefs, values, and sense of purpose.
- A Coach guides you to plan to leave a legacy that inspires you to move forward with 100% of your commitment, talents, and potential, without becoming a “burnout” case. Balance in life is paramount!
- A Coach asks you to do more and be more than anyone else has ever asked of you, including yourself.
- A Coach steers you to live the life you have longed for in your heart, and challenges you to remove obstacles that prevent progress.
- A Coach is a navigator who keeps you on the course you really want to follow.
- A Coach is a catalyst to move you toward your vision of a preferred future for yourself and others you love.
- A Coach creates the environment for you to discover and express the highest and best use of your time and talents.
- A Coach holds you accountable without nagging. That means accountable to optimize each area of your life and business so that you can move ahead to where you want to be.
- Executive and Leadership Coaching helps you to see how you can leverage your personal leadership development to build successful teams, enhance corporate culture or spirit in the workplace, and make the bottom line increase at the same time.
- I often recommend that my executive and leadership clients consider offering their employees the OptimizeD Coaching Skills Program to realize the bottom line benefits of a totally coaching culture.
The CEO or Executive
- The CEO or Executive desiring a balanced work and personal life and the confidential ear of a trusted strategist and thinking partner. If you wish me to become more involved in your organization, I can do so in the role of consultant.
- The CEO or Executive looking to develop a totally coached organization.
- The CEO or Executive who strives for new levels of personal and professional performance.
Seasoned & Emerging Leaders
- Managers, supervisors and those in transition who wish to take their leadership skills to the next level and ensure measurable results for themselves, their teams and the organization.
- Leaders who want to define their signature leadership presence.
- Managers who want to master their communication skills and model the way for others.
- Entrepreneurs starting a new venture and who want to do it right the first time.
- Entrepreneurs wanting to optimize their existing company.
- Entrepreneurs who are ready to tackle their first formal strategic planning process.
- People responsible for operations and leading teams.
- Individuals wishing to learn the art of Coaching and leading others.
- Team Members wanting to work better together through ongoing Coaching.
- People who are eager to steer their life path in a more satisfying, purposeful direction.
- People who long for a greater sense of meaning, improved self-perception and resilience.
- Those who know they could be doing so much more, or want to finally start what they have been putting off for years.
- People who are in transition from one career to another, from school to work, from employed to entrepreneur.
I have been coaching formally for over ten years and informally for many more. My qualifications are, first and foremost, made manifest through my sincere commitment to my clients and the profession itself. Once I finished my certification back in 2003, I sought out mentors who could help me deepen my knowledge.
I volunteered my services and coached numerous clients dealing with broad business and life issues. I continued to read and learn about coaching and have finally reached a point in my career where my accumulated knowledge has resulted in me developing my own OptimizeD Coaching Skills Program. Parallel to my ongoing development as a coach, I have honed my skills as a leadership development consultant; this expertise, along with my passion for systems and creative thinking, strategy, creativity and change, conspire to bring you added value.
Life itself has taught me a great deal and this too, lends qualification to my work as a coach. I can journey to the core of life’s greatest upsets and achievements. I will not turn away if the subject of grief, shame, loss, or worry enters the conversation. I have lost many whom I love, survived cancer, raised a daughter, and persevered in the face of many other challenges
My Academic Background
- Joint B.A. in Sociology and Latin American Studies, Simon Fraser University, BC
- Certificate in Liberal Arts, Simon Fraser University, BC
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, Royal Roads University, BC
- Gold Mastery Certification in Systems Thinking Strategic Management and Planning
Cutting-edge learning tools are available to you throughout the Coaching process. I use tools that have been tested in clinical, corporate, and educational environments. Whether you are looking for a comprehensive 360-degree feedback assessment, or wishing to better understand your leadership strengths, personal values, or emotional intelligence,
I will work alongside of you to determine what it is you want and need to know. In addition to assessments, I make frequent recommendations for articles and books that are aligned to your goals.
1. Corporate and Executive Coaching Helps You Succeed In These Important Areas of Business
- Learn to be a more effective leader-manager.
- Assess your corporate development leverage points.
- Optimize the leverage potential in each decision, investment, deal, and time commitment.
- Optimize your business performance and keep more profits.
- Find the right consultant or person in your company who can make positive change happen.
- Keep expenses down by capitalizing on untapped internal talent.
- Bring in highly specialized professionals who can achieve reliable and tested business results.
- See new ways to build your business.
- Develop your leaders to build high-performance teams.
- Conduct strategic planning.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan.
- Conduct effective and regular strategic-plan-implementation meetings.
- Create learning and feedback loops by installing systems.
- Avoid fads that drain time and resources.
- Carry out market research and due diligence.
- Learn to enhance real value for your customers or citizens in your community.
- Maximize the impact of your products and services.
- I collaborate with a select group of senior consultants who can bring added value to your business.
2. Optimize Your Life By Making Better Planning Decisions For Yourself And Your Organization
- Learn how to optimize everything in your life. Optimization is getting the maximum return, results, and rewards, while minimizing your strain and risk. As your Coach, my main responsibility is to help you gain and maintain clear focus.
3. Create A Balanced Life That Works
- Learn to simplify your life and improve your relationship with time, to substantially increase the quality of your life and lower your stress levels.
- Find a time-management approach that suits your style, and use technology to free your time.
- Establish balance between your home, your work, and your play. A balanced life is a rare treasure that most people believe is beyond their grasp. When certain other things are in their rightful place, balance finds you!
4. Communicate More Effectively.
- Be clear about what you need, and communicate it respectfully and patiently to the people around you. You can improve the response you receive from others.
- Learn to use a coach approach in your own communication.
- Learn to listen and be aware of your inferences.
- Learn to ask for what you really want and need.
- Learn to do “truth telling” that isn’t destructive.
- Learn to show that you truly value others, even when there is conflict.
- Learn a conflict resolution process to create win-win relationships and agreements in business.
- Learn to speak from the heart in intimate relationships.
- Learn to express deeper understanding of others’ needs, views, and feelings.
5. Get More Done In Less Time.
- Focus more on what you want to do.
- Learn to delegate tasks that you shouldn’t keep doing because they interfere with the highest and best use of your time.
- Develop a support system in your life so that others systematically handle things that drain your time and attention as often as possible.
- Identify and leverage your strengths to create greater influence as a leader and increase profitability as a business leader.
- Build a team that complements your strengths rather than one that competes with you.
6. Position Yourself To Take More Worthwhile Actions.
- Set the goals you really want. Ultimately, you do what you really want to do anyway.
- Find out what you really want for yourself and your business. This is our first task together. We will discover what you really want for yourself in your heart-of-hearts. Once you are clear about your consummate goals, you’re naturally more likely to take consistent action to reach them.
7. Eliminate The Hassles Of Life.
- Learn how to calm down.
- Learn to stop unnecessary suffering, tolerating, waiting, and hoping.
- Reduce adrenaline levels, stress, and friction in your personal and business relationships.
- Learn to live more simply and elegantly. Eliminate unnecessary material distractions.
- Complete unfinished business with your past—at every level.
8. Raise Your Standards And Extend Your Boundaries.
- Together, we will identify the standards and values you are willing to set up for your life. Standards and values are worthwhile boundaries you can discover and willingly follow to improve the overall quality of your life.
9. Understand Your Personal Search Process.
- Get on a path, or further the path you are already on.
- Develop a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Gain a framework for understanding various belief positions.
- Come to clarity about which criteria you believe are true, to discern the beliefs you will pursue.
10. Feel Better Physically And Emotionally.
- Recognize and eliminate any costly hidden “life costs.”
- Establish a reserve of time, space, money, and love and become irresistibly attractive.
- Redesign your lifestyle and eating habits to increase your vitality and energy.
- Connect and commit to the latest breakthroughs in health and wellness and make a conscious decision to live better and stronger.
- I utilize my OptimizeD Coaching Framework over the life of our work together as well as in a simpler form in each session. Essentially, we will always embark by Deciding where you want to be, Defining how you will know when you get there, Determining where you are right now, and Designing how you can get to where you want to be. It will be up to you, with my support to Deliver on the promises you make to yourself, your coach, your colleagues, family and friends.
- Successes and Wins you’ve had during the past week or month.
- Concerns you are facing right now.
- A Plan of Action to accomplish an important goal.
- Problems you faced and how you handled them. Life does have its share of challenges and problems.
- New Insights. An insight is like an “Aha” experience—basically a truth that you must realize. Insights help you realign with yourself and your vision.
- Breakthroughs. A breakthrough is a combination of insight, a win, and an alignment with some truth. After you have had a breakthrough, you feel energized—ready for action, relieved, and clear. Sharing your breakthrough will create the space for you to validate it with an achievement.
- News that you’ve gone the extra mile. Effort is good for us. It keeps body, mind, and soul in shape so that we can take advantage of life’s opportunities. When you’ve kept your word in a challenging situation, stuck with something when everyone else has given up, or honored your standards when it was easier to lower them, tell me. It means you’ve grown stronger.
- Your Fears. Do you ever hesitate? Get scared? Stop yourself from moving forward? Good. You passed the humanity test. Together, we will create a plan to help you move through your fears into your preferred future.
- New Ideas. As your Coach, I’m committed to creating a threat-free zone for new ideas to be explored and tested with logic, intuition, and perhaps revelation. I won’t minimize your ideas; I will help you craft them into language you can implement more easily and then communicate clearly to others.
- A Completion. Until we are complete, we do the same things repeatedly in a futile attempt to get complete so we can move on and express our values. Whenever you finish a project, complete a task, catch up on a promise, or do something right, you open your life to more good. One of our objectives is for you to complete the important things in your life…and learn to drop some of the other things that are in the way.
Successful coaching engagements usually last between 3 and 12 months depending on the goals and the ability to commit to actions in a timely manner. Some coaching agreements are made around very specific, time sensitive issues and may only require 2-4 sessions.
But usually goals are linked to developing your leadership skills, shifting behaviours in more favorable and effective ways, clarifying life and career goals, setting long term strategy or implementing team and cultural changes. These things take time and the science shows that for us to change a habit and have the new one stick it takes at least 3-6 months.
Once you achieve your goals, our work is done. If you want to resume again, for different reasons we can do that. You might also decide to shift to a maintenance mode, with sessions every one or two months. Ultimately I am here to serve you and I will trust your judgment about when you want or don’t want a coach.
I respect your needs. Everything is open for discussion and I certainly don’t want you to feel like you have to work with me if you aren’t realizing the value you’d hoped for or if something else is getting in the way.
Whether you have to cancel a day or an entire coaching contract, I ask for advance notice and provide clear guidelines in my coaching contract.